Re: [NTLK] Forward -$150 Newt Info FYI

From: rminton_at_commscope.com
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 16:59:49 EST

Yep, I pointed out to them that this would make a lot of people leery about
ordering. Their response:

"The Non-Challenge/Non-Dispute clause is a protection for this company for
those unscrupulous customers that use fraudulent credit card transactions to
secure inventory and then (30-45) days later challenge the Order! In our
dealings with hundreds of customers - we have found that some people make
their living on defrauding companies."

My response was to write the following into the order description box:

"Newton 2100 with the Ac adapter, Stylus and 4MB Flash Card. The Newton's listed
are used, in very good condition, Tested and Working! Batteries are working but
are sold in AS-IS Condition and "Not" subject to DOA as listed. Warranty (2)
days against DOA Shipments "Only"! If we are "Not" contacted after the (2-Day)
period - we will list your Unit as being Received Working. Customer's
understand that no CASH refunds will be issued after Sale of these Units.
*I also consider the 2 day DOA period to begin upon my receipt of the order.*

$150.00 for the above item + $12.00 shipping = $162.00 total
Long live the New't Special"

We'll see how it goes, maybe we can loosen them up a little and teach them to
trust us "Newties".

rrhoton <rrhoton_at_wsdcad.com> on 01/07/2002 04:09:47 PM

Please respond to newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net