Re: [NTLK] Forward -$150 Newt Info FYI

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 17:21:10 EST

I found this statement to be somewhat incredulous so I
contacted my credit card company and asked them.
I also indicated that the Fair Credit Act allows the
consumer the right to dispute a charge.
It was explained to me that if this is the policy of
this particular customer, then I cannot open a dispute
with the customer, but I can open a dispute with the
credit card company.
What I found astonishing is that while a state law on
this subject conflicts with the federal statute, the
federal statute will prevail. But, this single
individual can make a policy that will completly
negate a federal statute!
My credit card company then said that I should not do
business with a company that feels it necessary to
place this on their charge.
I explained to them that the vendor has made the terms
of the purchase clear, they said that I should
exercise caution anyway.
Ed
web/gadget guru

------------------------------------------------------------END

> [...]
>
> I have not ordered from them yet, and I do not know
> about their
> products, I am no way affiliated with this company,
> so don't kill the
> messanger if something happens-take this as a FYI.
> If you are
> interested in placing an order by credit card you
> will still need to e-
> mail the guy to get the form. Other than this,
> please continue to
> follow the instructions Cees gave you when ordering.
>

> Good luck!
> Chris Myers
>
> > Good morning CHRIS!
> >
> > Received you email today concerning the Purchase
> of a Newton
> 2100 with the
> > Ac adapter, Stylus and 4MB Flash Card.
> >
> > The Newton's listed are used, in very good
> condition, Tested and
> Working!
> > Please note that Batteries are working but are
> sold in AS-IS
> Condition and
> > "Not" subject to DOA as listed. We warranty (2)
> days against
> DOA Shipments
> > "Only"! If we are "Not" contacted after the
> (2-Day) period - we will
> list
> > your Unit as being Received Working. Customer's
> understand
> that no CASH
> > refunds will be issued after Sale of these Units.
> >
> > Please note that we have Several ways to Pay for
> these Units.
> (Credit Card,
> > Cashier's Check/Money Order, or Wire Transfer)
> > Credit Card Forms are enclosed and can be filled
> out and
> emailed or faxed to
> > our Corporate Address in NJ 732-287-9370
> > Attention Bulk Sales Department - Jerry Brown
> >
> > If you would like to Pay Cashier's Check/Money
> Order - Please
> send these
> > Funds via US Mail Next day Letter to the Following
> Address:
> > * The Product Resale Company
> > 45 Executive Blvd.
> > Edison, New Jersey 08817
> > Attn. Bulk Sales Department - Jerry Brown
> >
> > For Wire Transfer - please contact us via email.
> We will give you
> Wire
> > Transfer Information.
> >
> > Thanks so much for contacting our company
> concerning the
> Newton's. We feel
> > that this is an excellent Products and sure you
> will have many
> hours of
> > enjoyment!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jerry Brown - Sales Department
> > The Product Resale Company
> >
> > 1/enclosure:
> >

> _____
> >
> > I am interested in purchasing a Newton. Can you
> send me
> more
> > information on what is included and the shape?

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -