Re: [NTLK] [OT] CPU speed (was Bigger than iWalk)

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 02:28:52 EST

on 09-01-2002 1:11, Rhonda Hyslop <rhonda_at_paradox.null> at
rhonda_at_paradox.homeip.net wrote:

>> Of course they also tell us that we need 2GHz clock speed on a desktop
>> computer. And once we have it they will tell us that we really need
>> 3GHz. Do we ? What for ?
>
> hear hear! (she says, posting from a 5 1/2 year old computer - her
> primary desktop)

Well yes, it all depends what you do of course, since I edit a lot of
Photoshop files of 30 MB and up I really enjoy my 450 Mhz Cube
(which is rarely too slow I might ad) but the video editing I did really
craved a faster machine and 3D should be worse.

The people that have the Pixsolution accelerator in their Newts don't seem
to mind either ;-) and somewhere in the future we will probably find out
that the Newt will be too slow for something we'll crave :-(

Robert Benschop