Re: [NTLK] Taking Notes on MP2000/2100?

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 23:20:11 EST

Hello,

  Since I need to take quick notes that include mathematical and scientific
equations, as well as diagrams, tables, and drawings, I have been using a
combination of BigNotes plus the Notes in HyperNewt (a bit fussy with
multiple notes but I am working with it) with the MP HW set to sketch (due
to the nature of the material, plus all of the equations and graphics, I HW
and do not use the keyboard). I tend not to transcribe my HW notes into
text as it takes too long, as well as that I can read my writing on the
uMP2000 that I have. I have found that the sketch mode allows for the
ability to draw and write virtually anything I want on the screen, at any
location, and at any time. This works well as teachers tend to back tract
and I am constantly in need of adding to material or graphics I have
already written. I also keep my screen set to landscape mode as I feel this
gives me the best screen area to work with before I have to scroll down.

  I hope this helps!

Always,

Sam J.

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110