Re: [NTLK] Taking Notes on MP2000/2100?

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 12:22:52 EST

Hello All,

  With the recent questions regarding how to export notes and graphics
(such as drawings made while taking notes) from a MP to a desktop I had an
old question I was not clear on, and did not see it answered in the FAQ.

  I have tried several packages that allow for expansion of notes for the
MP (I have a uMP2000). While Big Notes seems to have alleviated my notes
being too small, I seem to have a chronic organizational problem of the
Notes. Specifically I am taking notes for several classes/meetings/areas
and I need an efficient way to separate, organize, and cross reference the
notes across subject areas and categories. The closest program I found for
this task was HyperNewt, yet even this seems to fall short as my notes all
seem to be pasted on top of each other (i.e. even though the note is filed
into a correct category/subcategory, when I open any one note I see all the
notes I have taken, regardless of how they are filed (even in different
categories/subcategories as well as folders/subfolders) displayed one on
top of the others). When I select a note I would like for just that note to
open. Thus the filing system just does not work.

  As such I was wondering what others were using to take and store/organize
their notes.

Thank you,

Sam J.

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110