Re: [NTLK] New 2100

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 13:55:29 EST

Yeah, that's what I was told when I sent an email to
them. They said that the smell was a cleanser. It's
very strong and I got to put it in a drawer to keep
from getting a headache! I had it in my computer room
all night last night and when I woke up this morning,
the whole room smelled of that cleanser...ugh :-p
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- rminton_at_commscope.com wrote:

> >Anyway - My 2100 has the stink to it also, anyone
> know where that comes
> >from? I've been keeping it running on AC to try to
> "cook" it off, all it
> >seems to be doing is making my TV room smell like a
> New Age shop.
>
> It appears to be from a citrus oil based cleaner
> they may have used to remove
> ink marks or sticker glue from the 2100's. Mine
> actually had a wet spot on the
> outside when I received it from this stuff. If it
> isn't inside the Newt it
> won't hurt it and will go away in a period of a
> couple of weeks, takes a long
> time to evaporate. They really should have let
> these air dry a little longer
> before boxing them after cleaning.
>
> Randy

=====