Re: [NTLK] Windows & Ethernet

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 02:59:24 EST

O.K. James,

For Ethernet package installs via Windows, I use Thomas Tempelmann's Newton
Data Browser.
You can find it at:
http://www.tempel.org/newton/

As far as sharing an Internet connection via Ethernet, what exactly did you
want to do?
I think I may be able to give you some pointers on this if I know what your
working with.
EXAMPLES: Dial-up ISP connection shared between two Windows PCs?
Dial-up connection shared between two Macs?
A Mix between the two?
Shared between Windows (or Mac) and a Newton?
Cable modem ISP connection?

Let me know, and I'll try to help you out!

On the 3Com X-Jack PC card:
I have wanted one of these for a long time now. So if you get one, let me know
how you like it as well!
(Just think.... no more PC card dongle!)

Later!

--
John Skinner
A+ Certified Computer Technician