Re: [NTLK] Windows & Ethernet

From: Andrew Beals (bandy_at_cinnamon.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 15:04:28 EST

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:59:24 -0600, John Skinner <john_at_johnskinner.net> wrote:
> On the 3Com X-Jack PC card:
> I have wanted one of these for a long time now. So if you get one, let me know
> how you like it as well!
> (Just think.... no more PC card dongle!)

No more dongle, but I know of folks who have complained that you'll still
manage to break the x-jack if you forget to put it back in before you store
your computer.

The two cards that I have both had fairly short lifespans in my use of them.
They manage to freeze the computer, probably by pulling an interrupt line and
not letting go of it. The 589 cards with dongles haven't done much better,
either. I've found my best lifespan has come from genuine IBM etherjet cards,
none of which have died on me, in spite of near-continuous use and heavy
travel.
        andy