Re: [NTLK] eMates and other thoughts

From: JForsterMD_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 21:09:31 EST

I just got my eMate from Cees. It is incredible. It was the neatest thing. And you know, it reminds me of the iPod. A self contained unit that does what it does superbly and every once and a while you need a computer for it.
I have only seen eMates in pictures. In person, they are very cute. Great little keyboards, silent keys. Wonderful for typing. They just are a pleasure to hold and examine.

We have talked here alot about what Apple should and should not do. I am pretty impressed with the iPod. I have 700+ on it now and it is playing in the OR as am I waiting for my next case. Great idea for me. No schlepping of CDs around with broken jewel cases. Music where ever I am.

This concept of the digital hub is neat. And works if the pieces are functional and every once and a while need the hub. I wish for a PDA that works like the iPod. It does not have to do everything. I think of a dremel took with all of its attachments. Why not a digital hub with attachments such as: PDA, Word processing device, camera, video recorder, music machine. I am certain there are other devices like that.

Just some thoughts-but the eMate was truly a step above. jf