Re: [NTLK] Euro Symbol

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_StreamServe.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 11:00:04 EST

It's true, they are in ROM, but given the nifty way NewtonScript works, it's
possible to modify the behavior of objects in ROM (I don't know if fonts can
be changed in this way). This works because the 'object' (NewtonScript
calls them 'frames') that's actually used by running software is in RAM and
points to the one in ROM. It's normally empty, so all references to members
are forwarded to the ROM version, but any changes made to the frame in RAM
override the original. (I'm fairly certain this is all correct, but I'm not
an expert NewtonScript developer, so if I've got something wrong here,
please correct me!)

-Sam