Re: [NTLK] can you hear me, memphis?

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 15:21:18 EST

Robert Benschop [rbenschop_at_mac.com] wrote the following 2002-01-29 20.55:

>> So, I called Apple. I tried to call the number I had for the Fulfillment
>> Center (888)273-3594, but just got a busy signal. So, I went with
>> (800)SOS-Apple. Followed the recordings around and ended up having to call
>> Applecare at (800)275-2273. I followed the phone tree through, and spent
>> about an hour on hold before finally getting a person (thank god for speaker
>> phone). However, when I did get someone they were very helpful. Took my
>> serial number and all my complaints.
>
> So it sounds like you might have a reasonable chance if you call
> (800)275-2273 when you have a bit of time on your hands.

uuuuh, i tried, but to no avail, im afraid. after numerous transfers, i
finally got to a very helpful person that could identify all the item
numbers i was giving him, but who had to put me on hold and ask some
supervisor.

the answer he got was that he could not place the order, because only apple
dealers are suposed to go via apple care. his best advice was to ask a local
dealer to order the lot for me as, but that will involve some additional
dolares, i guess...

> The upside is that it's free ;-)

is it? i was calling from my cell phone in stockholm, so i was mad noting
the phone counter ended at 15+ mins. now that is good news, anyway :)

does anyone have other suggestions or telephone numbers? has anyone heard
what happened to the memphis fulfilment centre?

thank you

doppler