[NTLK] Killer backdrop app = NiftyDrop

From: Sune Lilbęk (sune_at_hsk.dk)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 18:05:43 EST

Dear List

I have noticed that everyone recommends Avi's Backdrop. However, when
I show NiftyDrop (freeware) off to anyone (Newt/Palm/Mac/PC), they
just wish they had a backdrop like that.

NiftyDrop has several modules, and you add them as you like. If you
have a utility for hiding the button-bar (I use DashBoard), you can
use all screen.

The modules are arranged at will. I have Sound control, battery
indicator, clock, calender, to-do-list and a note-area active at the
same time. Lovers of Avi's Backdrop can also include a picture, if
they desire. I have a different arrangement for landscape and
portrait - no problem. The modules are interactive - I can adjust the
sound, tap a date in the calender etc.

The only irritating thing is that notes written in the note-area are
not preserved when I rotate the screen - however, I've learned just
to press the "save" button before I rotate - then the note is
available in the notebook.

It is really way, way cool, and I believe the author (if he is still
reachable - a while since I was in contact with him) would gladly
make it opensource.

So try it out, and tell me, why Avi's Backdrop is the most popular
Backdrop Utility.

I have put up a webpage for your pleasure. Screendumps was made using
NewtVNC - what a cool utility :) I should have made a white
background first, however ;) Oh, well...

http://homepage.mac.com/tuborg/NiftyWeb/

Kind regards from Denmark

Sune Lilbęk (still working on the Newt-to-PC-cable many has requested).