Re: [NTLK] Groupers were based on Wavelan

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 19:42:33 EST

> This makes the most sense. Why would AT&T (Lucent & Agere) call two
> different products the same name? They would not. Yes it might be a
> slower version but still should be compatible. Which means, what if we
> could get the source to these, we might be able to modify it to work
> with the Wavelan PCMCIA card. Then it is possible we do not need to
> spend so much time developing it, unless the grouper has built in
> software that translates the Wavelan to Appletalk. Maybe we should try
> searching this route, because it might be easy. Again I do not
> understand how the Groupers work and am trying to point people in a
> better direction to get this done.
>
> Chris

FWIW, I recently completed the purchase of two Groupers from Chad Welch (a
really displaced West Michigan boy down in Alabama) and he notified me today
they are in route.

Upon their arrival, I'll be testing for compatibility with:

Netwave and DaynaCom access points
Other 1X0 MPs with Netwave and DaynaCom wireless cards
Powerbook with Lucent WaveLAN Silver PCMCIA card running Airport software
basestation
Powerbook with Airport Card running Airport software basestation
Apple Airport Basestation

When I get a round tuit, I'll post the results of my research in a very
scientific looking table and perhaps even some sort of chart or graph!

Stay tuned,

Ken Whitcomb