[NTLK] FW: Whence all the Newts?

From: Ronald Uphoff (rauphoff_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 14:49:02 EST

I will try to upload it. Just tell me where to get PackaeBuddy, and give me
some instruction on uploading to UNNA. By the way, this package is over
400k.
I can't get past the start-up screen. I get a message saying "the date on
this Newton is out of the range allowed by Compass. Please correct it using
the Clock icon in the Extras drawer. The error has been logged. Please
ontact the TSC if this problem persists!" There is nothing called "Compass"
on this Newton. Perhaps the program is unusable in this situation. It
appears all of the data have been deleted, leaving only the standard
packages and NorthStar behind. (Oh, the name of the sales rep. is on the
NorthStar start-up screen -- anyone out there work for AstraZeneca?)
At the bottom of the screen is a company name "AstraZeneca" I found them at
astrazeneca.com; a pharmaceutical company.
NorthStar looks, on the start-up page anyway,like it is used for a sales
rep. to coordinate orders, samples, prospects, etc. with the home office.

Ron

> One of the Newts I bought from GEM has a program called Northstar on it. I
> only glanced at the program for a second -- don't think it's something I'll
> use.

Can you get it of the Newt and upload it on Unna ?
(if its' there already I'm sure Victor will chime in ;-)

For a Mac you can use PackageBuddy to get something off your Newt,
don't know about Wintel.

Robert Benschop