Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT] Poutine [Was: Newton Data Browser question]

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 17:03:20 EDT

On 01/07/02 15:55, "Charles Daghlian" <cdaghlian_at_mac.com> wrote:
[snip!]
> Perhaps I just saw some low quality poutine when I was in Montreal.
> Or perhaps it was the fact I just got off the roller coaster.

Definitely low quality poutine. Nobody would be able to not find the poutine
taste great if it's done according to the art and customs of making the
"real" poutine! Eating a poutine in Montreal, unfortunately, call for an
unpleasant experience, since a real poutine requires fresh cheddar curds
cheese which is almost impossible to find in Montreal. In particular, eating
a poutine in McDonald (yes, they used to sell them there) is an almost
guaranteed bad experience...

-Laurent.

cargo cult programming n.: A style of (incompetent) programming dominated by
ritual inclusion of code or program structures that serve no real purpose. A
cargo cult programmer will usually explain the extra code as a way of
working around some bug encountered in the past, but usually neither the bug
nor the reason the code apparently avoided the bug was ever fully understood
(compare shotgun debugging, voodoo programming).