Re: [NTLK] is there a way to move the folders from one newttoanother?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 11:47:07 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Mailand <Newton2k1_at_mac.com>
To: NTLK <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Thursday, July 04, 2002 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] is there a way to move the folders from one
newttoanother?

>Am 4.7.2002 10:33 Uhr schrieb "Robert Benschop" unter <rbenschop_at_mac.com>:
>>> Yep, that's the downsize. You will end up with all the crap that is
stored
>>> in your 130 onto your 2100, and you may introduce some incompatibilities
as
>>> well.
>> You could do a restore only of information/data that you need, leave the
>> rest of the 2100 and the packages alone, not too much risk, I would
think.
>I did the move some years ago and found the following:
>1. Bloody complete restore of MP120 data to a MP2000 worked but caused some
>surprising effects: The same odd behaviour of the HWR of the MP120 was
moved
>to the MP2k.
>2. The approach of Robert is the way to go. HWR settings and user dict are
>not transferred but the data is in correct working condition.
>3. Folder tabs are stored and transferred with each element (name
>card/note/date, etc.). After you've created a new tab on the destination
>Newton with exactly the same name the items are filed automagically. I keep
>therefore a note where I list all used tab names (copied and pasted) and
>thus included in the b/u.
>
>--
>With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!
>
>Marco Mailand

Yes I thought as much and to be honest that in my method currently ( I was
just wonder if there was a better method). I also keep a list or compare
newtons as I recreate folders on the 2100 and make sure they are all the
same. I found out that they will reorganize if the names are right long ago
when I had to kill my 120's system soup because of corruption, and started
recreating folders and found out that everything went in the right folder
automatically (I was thrilled to say the least....I thought I had a LOT more
work ahead of me LOL).

-Dan