Re: [NTLK] is there a way to move the folders from one newttoanother?

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 13:57:44 EDT

Am 5.7.2002 17:47 Uhr schrieb "Dan" unter <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>:
> Yes I thought as much and to be honest that in my method currently ( I was
> just wonder if there was a better method). I also keep a list or compare
> newtons as I recreate folders on the 2100 and make sure they are all the
> same. I found out that they will reorganize if the names are right long ago
> when I had to kill my 120's system soup because of corruption, and started
> recreating folders and found out that everything went in the right folder
> automatically (I was thrilled to say the least....I thought I had a LOT more
> work ahead of me LOL).
So far to the good part of left soup entries. The drawback is that each
extension or program you've installed will also leave non-needed entries in
the soups. A classical example are all these synchronisation tools. They all
promise to synch but don't keep up with all our requirements and finally we
delete the useless gadgets and simply declare our Newton to be the one and
only 'master' agenda. But all these 'tools' leave their own timestamps, in
each of the entries (names, notes, dates, todos, etc.) and these entries do
not automagically go away after deleting the application. One has to go thru
each soup and remove these slots by hand, which makes a lot of sense and
reclaims several kBytes memory.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand