Re: [NTLK] Airport Base Station/M7601LL/B

From: DavidWedge_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 12:30:09 EDT

THe ollder base station is the bargain...
The ONLY difference between the two are these.

1. The older one has one Ethernet port (the new has two). Useless addition if
you have a hub nearby).
2. THe older one only does 64bit incryption (the new does 128bit). Are you
really that paranoid about your email?
3. The older one doesn't do PPPoE standard. HOWever just download the upgrade
from Apple's site (Free!), and it'll go to PPPoE... FYI, PPPoE ability is
what allows you to access AOL via the Airport.

In my mind the addition isn't worht the extra $200 costs.

Thanks,
David

     www.ibookparts.com
      www.wegenermedia.com