Re: [NTLK] Subject: Proxim Symphony Cards

From: Tom Zahm (tpzahm_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 12:28:34 EDT

I've been using a Symphony card (4402) with the RangeLan driver for some
months. The only tricky part is that the ethernet bridge of the same
generation doesn't want to be the master. If you use the older
Symphony bridge (the one that Stace Tenon mentions in the Soupbox
section of www.newted.org) you'll be OK. Alternately, it seems to me
that a third node (in a PC, say) could function as master and then the
newer bridge would work.

I've written some notes updating Stacey's article that I'm sure Brad
Hutchinson will post when his ISP issues settle down.

Yours in Newtondom,
Tom Zahm
tpzahm AT mac DOT com