Re: [NTLK] Using UNNA with IE

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 23:43:56 EDT

Hmmm, I doubt that this will help, but here is the
mime type for *.pkg:
Associated extension = .pkg
Content type (MIME) =
application/x-newton-compatible-pkg

You will most likely have to download the PKG from
UNNA and then run it through Strip.exe. This will
strip the Mac resource fork from the file allowing the
file to be loaded onto yout Newt...
At least this is what I've done for years.
That's why I put up my own PKG download page at:
http://newton.tek-ed.com
My server has the correct MIME type to allow you to
browse the page with your Newt, tap on the PKG you
want and then download and install it directly into
your Newt...

Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Mick Ring <lists_at_rynosoft.com> wrote:

> Can somebody help me out with how to setup Internet
> Explorer to download
> .pkg files correctly? I have a "helper" entry for
> extension .pkg but I'm
> unsure of what to put for mime type.
>

> -Mick
> --

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting