Re: [NTLK] Using UNNA with IE

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 03:10:56 EDT

on 09/07/02 23:43, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Hmmm, I doubt that this will help, but here is the
> mime type for *.pkg:
> Associated extension = .pkg
> Content type (MIME) =
> application/x-newton-compatible-pkg
>
> You will most likely have to download the PKG from
> UNNA and then run it through Strip.exe. This will
> strip the Mac resource fork from the file allowing the
> file to be loaded onto yout Newt...
> At least this is what I've done for years.
> That's why I put up my own PKG download page at:
> http://newton.tek-ed.com
> My server has the correct MIME type to allow you to
> browse the page with your Newt, tap on the PKG you
> want and then download and install it directly into
> your Newt...

I don't really know what I'm talking about here, but wouldn't be time for
UNNA to become a little bit more compatible with our green friend? Victor,
I'm not complaining or anything and don't want to give you more work,
specially since I don't know what kind of modifications would be needed, but
I thought I should mention it.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

careware /keir'weir/ n.: A variety of shareware for which either the author suggests that some payment be made to a nominated charity or a levy directed to charity is included on top of the distribution charge. Syn. charityware; compare crippleware, sense 2.