Re: [NTLK] So, I just bought one of those cheap eMates . .

From: DavidWedge_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 10:28:31 EDT

FWIW,
    I used to sell on eBay, but got out of it because of folks in the UK, who
insisted that items be shipped the cheapest way possible (ie., the USPS),
then filed fraud charges againsst me when the item didn't show up for months
and months.. I recently (June 9) received BACK a laptoop which I had mailed
November 14 to a lady in London, because the less-than-brainy London Post
boys couldn't seem to find her address. Of course by February this lady had
filed a fraud charge against me and had her credit card reverse the charges,
leaving me stuck with $80 of shipping charges, and without the laptop for 6
months. And of course, I received a bad name, while I did nothing wrong at
all...
    So, my point in this is, you get what you pay for. Many ebay shippers
refuse to work with USPS because of this type of insanity. I can't blame
them. You know when you bid who they will ship with; you need to be a person
of integrity and follow thru on the auction, or pay them off to cancel it
(ie, it costs a full-time seller $1500-2500/month in auction fees, as every
auction costs around $3.50-8.00 just to run)...
    David