Re: [NTLK] article

From: SlashDevNull (slashdevnull_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 10:54:56 EDT

Salutations,

  Yup, there were optical mice before MS introduced theirs a few years ago.
That's why I wrote 'mouse MS introduced'. :)

  Actually what I meant was the camera optics the mouse uses is from HP.

  What is funny is that the older optical mice, like Sun, needed a special
mouse pad with a grid printed on it. What is _really_ funny is that the you
could turn the mouse pad sideways and the mouse would track sideways. Push
the mouse up and the cursor would go to the right. Always annoying for a
cheap laugh.

  Of course that isn't nearly as funny as taking a screenshot of a users
desktop, setting the picture as the background, hiding the taskbar and the
moving icons off the screen. Good for at least 5 minutes of hysterics.

Cheers,
David