Re: [NTLK] Newton-like tech in Macs (was: Steve's love/hate..

From: Jack Skoda (jskoda_at_skoda.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 19:00:02 EDT

On Wednesday, July 17, 2002, at 06:34 , Chet Johns wrote:

> Check version tracker. In the last week or so Microsoft released some
> drivers to allow entourage X to sync with palm (finally). Should work with

Unfortunately the OS X Palm Desktop software doesn't like talking to
the Handspring. It looks like Handspring has some proprietary
stuff going on in the sync code. I've got it to work sometimes
and then other times it tanks. Now I get a strange error when
I try to hot sync about the installer not being compatible. Well
I used to see that error, now I'm back on the Newton and the
misbehaved Visor is in a shoe box under my bed.

I emailed Handspring a while back and they swore that an updated
OS X Palm Desktop from Handspring was in the works. Sure it was.
Come to think of it, they offered me to the deed of a really nice
bridge in San Francisco, they said it would go good with that
bridge in NY they sold me when I got the Prism and Visorphone;-)

--J