Re: [NTLK] "Sell" space on their iDisk account?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 22:50:58 EDT

Wow! I didn't know that the Mac didn't already have
the drag-n-drop option available on all OSs. I've
done this with Windows for years! In fact, that's how
my mom backs up her images. We set up a thing called
"Web Folders" and an FTP account on my server. All she
does is drag-n-drop to and from this folder whenever
she wants something! In fact, I've been recommending
this method of file transfer for years to our
webhosting customers because FTP is so flakey what
with file locking and such. You might want to see if
this drag-n-drop folder thing works for the Mac as
well! I do know that in 1998, you had to have Front
Page installed to do this though... (yes, I have Front
Page extensions on my server, but the advantages far
outweigh the negatives)
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Ron <ronrsilva_at_husky-net.net> wrote:

> on 7/23/02 5:04 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at
> newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
> wrote:
<snip>
> iDisk to upload my jpg's is very slow. Or is idisk
> just plain slow anyway? I
> still like the convenience & simplicity of a having
> a folder pop up on my
> desktop and all I have to do is highlight my folder
> of jpgs and move over to
> idisk. Quick and simple, it's so Mac easy!
>
> Can anyone here "sell" me space on their idisk
> account? All I need is a
> minimum of 30 megs, ideally 40. I will only use it
> for auction jpgs but
> don't know all the pitfalls of this, so am tossing
> it out there. Maybe
> someone might have an idea. BTW, I don't have a
> credit card but I could pay
> using paypal.
> Thx,
> Ron

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting