[NTLK] An idea was [Re: NewtWiki]

From: MuHammed Lonon (mjl3781_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 15:50:39 EDT

Oops it enter too early.

Well when I did the gesture in the "mini notepad" it
worked but when I tried to do it in the system notepad
it would only bring the pop-up for a new note...any
ideas why???

I think I had something else in mind tho. I was under
the impression that NewtWikki would create a
"permanant" link.

Ids there an app tat will allow me to create
hyperlinks in the notes I write both to the web and
possibly other notes. This is mainly in reference to
my previous e-mail about writing up meeting minutes.
Would it be possible to link references to previous
minutes on the Newt itself and/or online??

TIA

P.S. Where would I find such things??

--- blag_at_narcosislabs.org wrote:

> MuHammed wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to get this thing to work???
> >
> > Or does it not work
>
> It's an extension to Notes to allow freeform
> automatic
> hyperlinking. Ever word (or phrase in parenthesis)
> works as a hyperlink to
> a note with that same title. You link by gesturing
> to the right from the
> word. For instance, say I've got a note called
> "DeathMarch". If I'm in a
> different note that has the word "DeathMarch", I can
> swipe to the right
> from that word, and Notes will bring up the
> "DeathMarch" note. You can
> then swipe to the left to go back to the original
> note. If I gesture to
> the right from a word which doesn't have a matching
> note title, NewtWiki
> will create a new note for it. You can have it
> create any type of note you
> want, but you need to create a template called
> "NewtWikiTemplate" for
> anything other than a plain-jane note. For instance,
> if I gesture to the
> right from the word "Devo", but I don't have a note
> called "Devo",
> NewtWiki will offer to create a new note called
> "Devo" for me.
>
> There's a bunch more you can do with it, like
> linking to names and
> dates, following URLs, etc. There is also a little
> "mini
> notepad" application that gets installed with it.
> This app works like a
> really limited-feature notepad, but it supports the
> full NewtWiki
> hyperlinking. I use it to keep "bookmark" links to
> notes.
>
> One of these days I'll get around to writing a real
> manual for the
> thing. In the mean time, just think of it as a Wiki
> for the Newton. Check
> out http://c2.com/cgi/wiki for more information
> about Wikis (that site is
> the canonical Wiki).
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> --
> Jim Anderson
>
> "Roly-poly fish heads are never seen drinking
> cappuccino in Italian restaurants with oriental
> women...yeah..."
>

> --
> Read the List FAQ/Etiquette:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html