Re: [NTLK] Q for programmers

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_Streamserve.Com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 09:51:21 EDT

Hi Brian,
Do you mean put a button into the bar at the bottom of whatever app is the
backdrop at the moment? There is a way to do that through NS, I think I've
seen an example somewhere... my guess is that you should be able to get the
background app via a function call and grab the bar from it- once you've got
that, you can add a button with the appropriate function call. The stuff
you need is probably documented either in Programming Newton or Newton
Developer's Guide/Reference.
I also believe that TapBar by 'Basuke' Suzuki does this with whatever
buttons you want to add- he's got an API for adding your own. I haven't
used it though.
http://www.saryo.org/basuke/tapbar/

/Sam