Re: [NTLK] Q for programmers

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 19:32:24 EDT

>From: "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
>I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. If you're really talking about
>the backdrop app, then I would say it depends on the backdrop itself, and
>nothing else. What application did you set as your backdrop? What kind of
>button would you want?

Thanks (to the collective) for the replies/tips. Laurent, I'm thinking of
something like all the little buttons that get added to any backdrop app,
even Extras if you like (I use Avi's, but there are lots of little utils
that add a button to the backdrop, but not the big soft button bar itself;
NotesButton and others from Joachim Bondo, CalcButton,Dateview, stuff like
that.

I'll look at the programmers guide again and I'll check out TapBar per
another suggestion but IIRC there was a reason I've never used Tapbar-
conflicts with something I have already paid for, most likely.

I suppose it wouldn't be too bad to have to install 2 apps, one NSbasic
standalone, then one little NS app that just installs the "shortcut" button.

Thanks, it will be a couple of weekend before I can look at it again anyway.

Brian