Re: [NTLK] Memories (was the iNewt's new clothes)

From: Christopher Frazier (cfrazier_at_webplantation.com)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 23:01:12 EDT

> 9600bps modem... and before it...)

I dreamed of having a 9600bps modem! I remember my 300bps modem with
handset coupler a la "War Games". I remember trying to play some 80
CHAR "graphic" (i.e. ASCII graphics) RPG on CompuServe using my Dad's
TRS-80 "portable" computer. It only had 10 rows (or so) of screen space
so I had to keep scrolling up to see what had just been dumped. I got
in such trouble when my Dad saw the bill from CompuServe.

I guess that's why I don't mind using the web on my Newton at all! :)

Chris