Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0b13

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 18:24:17 EDT

Bottom line, is that pricing of the ATA driver is Paul's choice.

We can offer our advice and input, but in the end, it is his decision.

Would a cheaper price get more adopters...probably.

Hypothetically, if he figured that his efforts were worth $1,000, he
would need to sell 20 copies -- and then provide support to those users.

However, if he reduced his price to the $25 that has been mentioned, he
would then need sell to twice as many customers, and then support them.

At $20, he would need 50 users.

Support to users is a consideration -- especially the time it takes,
which is something most of us already don't have enough of these days...

Folks, we have, use and love a platform that basically is dead, support
wise. To have the luxury for some folks to ccontinue to develop
software/hardware is simply awesome.

Once the ATA Driver is completed, I am sure that Paul will go on to other
projects. I for one, hope that he does. By purchasing his ATA Driver,
we will encourage him to do so.

...anyhow my two cents.

Sushi