Re: [NTLK] Original English 2100 CD?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 16:49:47 EDT

on 30/07/02 16:39, Robert Lindsley at me_at_robertlindsley.com wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just purchased my first Newton! I am very excited to get it.
>
> Alas, it doesn't really come with anything. I am in the process of buying
> all the necessary cables to hook it up to my new flat-screen iMac.
>
> What I really need though, is to get the software to run the thing! I found
> a lot of stuff, but I really need to get access to the original English CD
> that came with the unit.
>
> Does anybody have this? I found the German version, but that doesn't do me
> a lot of good :)

You can download the CD image, I think, or certainly most of the files on it
from UNNA <http://www.unna.org/>. Check in the Apple section.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

creationism n.: The (false) belief that large, innovative software designs can be completely specified in advance and then painlessly magicked out of the void by the normal efforts of a team of normally talented programmers. In fact, experience has shown repeatedly that good designs arise only from evolutionary, exploratory interaction between one (or at most a small handful of) exceptionally able designer(s) and an active user population -- and that the first try at a big new idea is always wrong. Unfortunately, because these truths don't fit the planning models beloved of management, they are generally ignored.