Re: [NTLK] MAD Newton Fun

From: Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 00:42:25 EDT

Thanks to a tip from Ed Kummel, I'm streaming my music collection
(privately) to the Web at 128k, 56k, and 24k mono. I then control the PC
using VNC so I can change songs whenever I want!

You can sample the streams if you're interested:

http://stonehopper.dyndns.org:8000/ (128k)
http://stonehopper.dyndns.org:8056/ (56k)
http://stonehopper.dyndns.org:8024/ (24k)

This is WinAMP providing content to a Shoutcast server via the Nullsoft
Shoutcast Source DSP V1.8.2b plug-in on Windows XP.

One problem is that the network connection on this box dies out unexpectedly
every couple of days, only when I've got the streaming server running. (All
in the name of full disclosure. :)

Cheers--

--Jesse