[NTLK] IRDA and IrTalk????

From: jose_ramirez_at_mac.com
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 23:51:57 EDT

I have a Powerbook 1400cs, and it has an infrared port at tha back, but
when i try to open the infrared control panel, the system says that
IrDa is not present... i made a sherlock search on my hard disk, and
the irda extension was in the system folder... then i open an
application called IRtalk in my powerbook and it works, but it cant
connect with my newton (a MP2000), so i suppose that the infrared port
that the powerbook 1400cs has (not IrDA) its different than the one in
the newton (I supposed it is an IrDA port), can somebody tell me if im
right???, or if not, why i cant communicate my PB1400 with the MP2000????