Re: [NTLK] iPaq wielding Bottled Water Guy

From: richard_at_cyberphotographer.com
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 05:09:12 EDT

> >He thrusts his iPaq at me to "sign" in a designated box.

UK Post Office still use a vertical package on ruggedised
Newton-based devices for this. I have had to sign it twice in the
last month. It makes me very sad. It has a keypad that takes up the
whole screen. It doesn't connect to a portable printer. I told the
guy to restart it with the pen held down on the left of the screen
and he would probably be able to access the rest of the OS. He said
they couldn't restart until they have synced at base, which sounded
like FUD to me. He said they run about 150 units. He also used a bic
crystal biro with the lid on as stylus replacement - great minds
think alike.