Re: [NTLK] [ot] convincing arg against MS OS

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 19:27:00 EDT

On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 04:55 PM, Lee, Christopher J wrote:

> I guess what I was saying is that I
> have yet to hear a convincing argument aginst WinXP that was DIRECTLY
> related to the OS from someone who had actually used it.

I have used XP. Here is why I prefer Mac OS X.
1) I have less downtime. My roommate, who runs XP, has about 4-5 hours
of time every week when he is trying to fix computer problems. I usually
have 0-1 hours per week.
2) Better bundled apps. iMovie and iTunes blow away MovieMaker and
Windows Media.
3) Choice. None of the applications that come with my computer/OS are
tied to the OS. I can drag the icon to the trash, and use any program I
want.
4) Compatibility. I am a double major. For journalism at school, I need
a Mac. For political science, I need a PC. The solution? Virtual PC
running on the Mac. You just can't do it the other way.
5) Lastly, I am a writer and a graphic designer. The Mac OS is a much
more pleasing environment for doing my work without getting in the way.

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj