[NTLK] Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Convincing argument against MS

From: Bradford Schmidt (brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 11:02:31 EDT

Thursday, June 13, 2002, 1:55:30 AM, Jon wrote:

> OK. Somehow I've missed something here. What is is about the Pismo that it
> can't run OS X? What am I missing? I need to know...
> --

Hardware acceleration for the ATI Mobility WASN'T supported until
10.1.5 came out (last week?). Lombards and older, plus iBooks that
have the LT chip and other chips still weren't supported. Pismo is
supported in the 10.1.5 version of X.

And as an aside - I am not trying to bash Apple here - I think this
entire conversation has spiralled out of control. I was under the
impression we were talking about business practices here, but
apparently some of the Mac faithful have taken some of the comments a
little too personally (not directed at you, Jon). So aside from any
commentary about something useful (like the driver link I provided for
Lombard users), I'm out of this.

Bradford Schmidt
http://www.bradfordschmidt.com
mailto:brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com