Re: [NTLK] [OT] Help with my site

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 15:21:48 EDT

On 13/06/02 14:38, "Konstantinos Xonis"
<Konstantinos.Xonis_at_physik.uni-giessen.de> wrote:

> I couldn't get to it either.

Thanks to all that did respond! That confirms to me that something is wrong
somewhere, but not here, at the office.

Now, what could be wrong? I've read a message from Eric Strobel saying he
wouldn't be surprised that Cox is somehow "blocking" those packets. If it
was so, how could they do that? I've got some real nice traceroute listings,
but I'm not sure how to read them. Is there anything on these traceroute
listings that would tell me that the packet is somehow "blocked"? I know
that the traceroute seems to go through a few servers at Cox, but other than
that, I don't know.

If that was the case, why was I able to access my machine on Tuesday?

-Laurent.

firebottle n.obs.: A large, primitive, power-hungry active electrical
device, similar in function to a FET but constructed out of glass, metal,
and vacuum. Characterized by high cost, low density, low reliability,
high-temperature operation, and high power dissipation. Sometimes mistakenly
called a `tube' in the U.S. or a `valve' in England; another hackish term is
glassfet.