Re: [NTLK] Memories of eMate

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 09:47:28 EDT

> Subject: [NTLK] Memories of eMate
> Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:39:57 -0400
>
> Something _new_ in the Palm OS world? Again showing how far ahead of its time Apple was....

Also - and I mean this with all respect - it also shows how abysmal
their sales/marketing is! I STILL rock people when I show them what the
Newton can do.

On a related note, I don't know if anyone has remarked how the current
12" iBook is a worthy eMate successor. Basically in almost the same
footprint and weight, you have a very fast color unit, AirPort capable,
FireWire in, VGA video out with DVD playback and CD burning.

---
Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com
www.mrollins.com