Re: [NTLK] NIMH AA battery level

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 04:28:03 EDT

Robert, why are you so scared?
NiCd and NiMH cells are not so totally different as for instance LiIon
cells.
You will find a huge number of battery chargers which are well suited for
both, NiCd AND NiMH. There are only a few microprocessor controlled chargers
which can differentiate between NiCd and NiMH.
Of course they have a slightly different charging/discharging behaviour.
But with a standard charging method - constant current (usually C/10) over a
defined period of time you can charge both.
Of course the situation is different if you want to minimize the time needed
for charging by applying higher charging currents and different charging
algorithms like delta sigma or others.

But since the MP 120 does not use any quick charging, there is no risk at
all and you will enjoy the longer lasting NiMHs.

Johannes