Re: [NTLK] IEEE 802.11b (also known as WiFi)

From: brian.tiplady_at_astrazeneca.com
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 06:45:26 EDT

I have a mixed wired/wireless PC network at home, no more complicated to set
up than normal ethernet. I haven't tried adding a Newton via wireless though
(I've used a wired Newton OK). Everything works fine except that the 100 m
range claim is for open plan offices not solid stone houses, and I haven't
yet worked out a way to get a signal out in the garden... The neat bit is
surfing the web on my Fujitsu stylistic (8" pen tablet running Windoze)

-- Brian