Re: [NTLK] A couple of programming questions

From: brian.tiplady_at_astrazeneca.com
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 03:37:10 EDT

Yes, you can write code to overwrite pretty much anything. For example if
you want to disable the Extras button so that nothing happens when you tap
on it, you just execute the code

                GetRoot().extrasbutton.buttonClickScript := func() begin
end;

The original contents of the buttonClickScript slot, being in ROM do not go
away, of course. To get back to a functioning button, you use the
RemoveSlot() function.

Believe it or not, you own the whole Newton that you bought!

Brian