Re: [NTLK] Archiving

From: richard_at_cyberphotographer.com
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 04:54:02 EDT

>I've begun to accumulate a reasonably large data store and I am
>beginning to wonder how to handle archiving...I have plenty of older
>notes and things that I don't want to lose, but rarely need to
>access and I can't figure out a good strategy for managing them
.
I export notes as an .rtf using NCU. I then drag them into newton
press and make a book which I keep on a card in the MP2k. The
advantages of this are that (1) they don't clog up your notepad and
(2) when you search your MP it will highlight found text in the book,
which sadly notes doesn't do by default and (3) notes backups are
quicker/safer. you could also save the rtf as an html file and then
use newtscape to make a book that fits your full MP screen.