Re: [NTLK] in order of release

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 04:16:23 EDT

on 6/22/02 6:13 AM, mouse1701 at mouse1701_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> is there a faq which lists the newtons in order of model released and
> software included?..i wanna get a newt..but dont know what i should be
> looking for..or what would be the best value for the money

If you want smaller, but less functionality and don't mind slower, then get
a 130. It has tons of heap, backlight, and can do the normal PIM things
quite well. I've used one for years, and it met my needs for those items.

If, on the other hand, you want everything, then get a 2100. It can do
everything the 130 can, plus ethernet, wireless, play mp3s, record your
voice, do genuine word processing and spreadsheets, and is only a bit bigger
than the 130.

These are really your only two choices, as the 2000 is too low on heap, and
doesn't offer enough benefits over the 130 because of it. In the final
analysis, I recommend a 2100, and forget the rest, especially because their
prices right now are so cheap...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland