Re: [NTLK] Simplemail error

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 10:22:53 EDT

on 6/22/02 7:31 AM, IMNewtMan_at_aol.com at IMNewtMan_at_aol.com wrote:
> Now back to my question. Any clues? I am trying to get my mail from
> comcast.net. I have my POP set to mail.comcast.net with my password and SMTP
> set to smtp.comcast.net - no password. No joy though.

    The setting/preferences for SimpleMail need to be in three places in
your Newton _ your Owner card, the Worksite you plan to use for email, and
In/Out. Miss one of these and you don't get mail.
    This may seem rather complicated and unnecessary but it allows you to
easily get email from different places just by selecting the correct
Worksite.
    SimpleMail is a program where RTFM is a necessity. Simon's instructions
are very comprehensive and if you follow them (to the letter) in the order
presented in the manual you should not have a problem.

Peter