Re: [NTLK] I just got a Newton! And no.

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 00:32:38 EDT

on 22/06/02 23:36, Nicholas Gillock at creamedpossum_at_carolina.rr.com wrote:

> It's got 20MB allotted to it. Should I try more?
>
> Nick

That should be OK. I don't know what is wrong, then. As a last resort, you
might want to follow the same logic when attributing memory to NCU: at least
4 MB plus the size of your largest card. So, if you have a 20 MB card, that
would be 24 MB. Try to contact Thomas Tempelman. He might be able to help.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media. Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.