Re: [NTLK] Newton 4 Newbies site

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 00:35:19 EDT

Now if you want to make this site really cool, you
know those javascript popups you have (I use a popup
killer that kills javascript popups) Instead of that,
you can use the iframe tag and center the iframe over
the image of the newt on the left. This will give the
impression that the screen of the newton is being
changed...Kinda like a virtual web-newt!
Ed
web/gadget guru

oh, btw...iframes aren't allowed in newton browsers as
well as some others...sorry!

--- Thomas Hofts <thofts_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 6/26/02 3:42 PM, JDR at newton_at_buzzroom.net
> wrote:
>

> > This seems like the FAQ repackaged, but I can see
> where some people
> > might find it more accessible.
> >
> > My personal opinion - lose the javascript and all
> those graphics.
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> > Thomas Hofts wrote:
> >
> >> The first peek at this effort is up at:
> >>
> >> http://homepage.mac.com/newton4newbies
> >
> Thanks. Part of the effort was a selfish leaning
> experience as I had never
> designed a Java-Heavy page. Being spoiled by my DSL
> connection, I didn't
> even look at load time for regular modems. Yikes!
> I'll be doing a more
> bandwidth friendly redesign soon as it looks like
> I'm still unemployed until
> mid July.
>
> Being a marketing person I'm really into repackaging
> a product to make it
> more attractive and user friendly. That's the angle
> I took as I'm still a
> newbie myself.

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting