Re: [NTLK] Simplemail and Works

From: Anton Balaban (balaban_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 12:05:15 EDT

shabaz_at_tiscali.co.uk wrote:

>I was reading a list digest mail in SimpleMail but got the clanking noise=
>
>to signify the end while only halfway through it. I can't find a setting
>that would explain/rectify this weird behaviour.

I once had the same problem with SimpleMail. I think that text stationary that comes wit SimpleMail is not good enough at displaying big chunks of text. There are two workarounds:
First (which I'm using) is to put away the message to NewtWorks. It's much easier to read digests in Works due to it's scrolling capabilities.
Second is to install Paper stationary that comes with SimpleMail, it's much better at displaying big amounts of text, although scrolling with this stationary is not impressive (you can't use up/down arrows, only slider).

>Another 'weirdity': I opened a book in NewtScape and saved it in Works.
>When opened Works, I got "This doc uses stationary that is not installed=
>
>and cannot be displayed.(paper)".

Maybe you had an image in this book?

Anton Balaban