[NTLK] newton wireless "warwalking"

From: charles mangin (newton_at_option8.com)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 18:02:12 EDT

i'm thinking of getting a wireless card (wavelean or similar 802.11)
for my newton, to talk to my other airport-enabled machines via
appletalk, and get mail wirelessly, but something online recently
caught my attention

the new craze with the kids these days is finding (and exploiting)
unsecured wireless networks. this usually involves some software and
a laptop, and driving slowly through neighborhoods. i've got
something on my ibook called macstumbler that does this, tho i
haven't found anything yet.

how spiffy would it be to be able to do this with a newton? any
ideas? anybody working on such a thing?

--

charles mangin | globetrotting Newton user newton_at_option8.com | http://www.newtontraveler.com