Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newted Community Temporarily Down

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 14:50:23 EST

> If there are any Linux/Unix gurus out there who can help me determine why
> user account .pop and .lock files keep reappearing after they've been
> deleted from /home/spool/mail, I'd appreciate some insight.

Hmm, sounds like you might need to kill all processes of sendmail (or
whatever mail server you're running). Is it possible that you've a rogue
process running somewhere?

I don't think this is one of those Cobalt specific issues but I'm not 100%
certain.

The only time I see this sort of thing is when I haven't killed all of the
processes that are running.

ken