Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newted Community Temporarily Down

From: Grant [Reset Parameters] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 12:52:50 EST

>Obviously, this means that all Newted Community hosted web sites and
>email accounts will unfortunately be inaccessible until but butt is back
>at home. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Well, after a fair amount of hair pulling and cursing under my breath,
I've managed to get the Newted Community server back up and running. The
good news is that main web site, personal web sites, ftp services, and
the bulletin boards are working again. The bad news is that I'm still
having issues with email accounts. If you're using a newted.dyndns.org
email address, unfortunately you will not be able to access your account
until I figure this thing out.

*** Request for help! ***

If there are any Linux/Unix gurus out there who can help me determine why
user account .pop and .lock files keep reappearing after they've been
deleted from /home/spool/mail, I'd appreciate some insight. If you know
anything about the Cobalt Qube, even better!

Stay tuned, happy wanderers. Stay tuned.

Grant

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/